This morning I rewatched Jane Campion's Bright Star - her film about the romance between the poet John Keats and Fanny Brawne. Seeing it again, I fell right back in love. In it, Keats describes the world he's created with Fanny as only being only partially tethered to the rest of the world. It's a fitting description for the experience of the film itself, which creates an 1800s-era England glowing with aesthetic beauty: realistic, yet only partially tethered to reality. I am enraptured by the film's color palette, art direction, and costumes. They create an ode to the sensual beauty of the world to which Keats opens Fanny's eyes. A moment after this still was taken in the movie, Fanny lies down and lets the breeze caress her entire body. So lovely (and hot!)
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Bright Star
This morning I rewatched Jane Campion's Bright Star - her film about the romance between the poet John Keats and Fanny Brawne. Seeing it again, I fell right back in love. In it, Keats describes the world he's created with Fanny as only being only partially tethered to the rest of the world. It's a fitting description for the experience of the film itself, which creates an 1800s-era England glowing with aesthetic beauty: realistic, yet only partially tethered to reality. I am enraptured by the film's color palette, art direction, and costumes. They create an ode to the sensual beauty of the world to which Keats opens Fanny's eyes. A moment after this still was taken in the movie, Fanny lies down and lets the breeze caress her entire body. So lovely (and hot!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment